Thursday 5 September 2019

What I Feel About the Buy Muslim Products First Campaign

As an ex Maybanker, I can relate the recent campaign to buy Muslim products first to the time when Maybank Group put up the "Islamic First" campaign.

Such campaign needs to be looked at from a moderate, positive angle and not just mere hate to non-Muslim products. There is a reason, a strong reason for it. Like in Maybank Group last time, Islamic First campaign was held to bring up Islamic Banking business within the Group. The campaign was proven to be very successful, with Islamic Banking contributed to significant profits earned by the Group, as can be seen on these articles below:

1) https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/maybank-eyes-islamic-finance-leadership

2) https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/10/19/maybank-islamic-named-best-global-islamic-financial-instituition/

So, when the Buy Muslim Products First campaign was held, do we really understand the spirit behind it? Or do we just simply either follow or object it? My suggestion is to follow it but with a very  moderate and humble stand. This means that while we can buy Adabi products from a Muslim seller, we should also consider buying Adabi products from a non-Muslim seller. Get it?

Do not just block any non-Muslim sellers that we know, just because they are non-Muslims. You see, some of these non-Muslims are our good friends. So long as they have Muslim-made products in their shop, we can always buy from them.

I do not agree that this campaign has a bad implication to the local economy. Because it is supposed to be mutually profitable, both to the Muslims and non-Muslims. What we are saying is that we want more Muslim products on the shelves and that is all about it. Being part of the majority consumers, I do not see any negative reasons not to demand so, right?

Have you noticed I mentioned about any particular race in Malaysia whether today, or perhaps earlier on? No, because I do not think it is relevant. Some of us love to make things blown out of proportions, yeah along with the viral posts here and there. Whatever it is, let me tell you something:

I support the Buy Muslim Products First campaign 100%because I believe that boosting the Muslims' business also means boosting the overall economy. But I do not and will never support a damn racist and hateful campaign against my fellow non-Muslim friends and communities around me. If any of my Muslim friends ever treat my non-Muslim friends unnecessarily or badly, I am more than willing to protect my non-Muslim friends more than my love for my Muslim sisters and brothers. Cause you know why? Truth is truth no matter how bitter it is. Bad is bad no matter how many people does it and disguise it with good things as a mask.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...