Thursday 26 July 2018

Projek R (R=Resign)-Mission Accomplished (Part 1)

I have been bragging about resigning without getting a new job in few blog posts now. You might wonder why I actually leave my 9-5 work, which paid me well enough to travel and have tons of attractive monetary and non-monetary benefits like medical insurance, various types of leave etc.

For some people, it was due to they want to do their own business. For people like me, it was simple: I cannot work without passion, having to face a stagnant career development, without a clear direction of where I will be moving towards, for at least 1 year down the road. Yeah, my employer blamed me for being silent about my concern.But I still remember those moments when I highlighted that I did not want to do what I did anymore. The answer? No answer.

The only time when I receive a valid answer was when I was given a trainee to help me do things in the office. That also was after I was diagnosed with moderate depression. Oh yeah, I was still deemed as wrong because I did not speak up about my concern on work allocation etc., until depression kicked itself into my life.

I am not writing to blame anybody actually, not even to blame myself. I know I have tried my best to cope with all the work loads. I have even tried to get help few times. My employers also had their own challenges, but ultimately to them it is simple: Nobody is indispensible. Recent personal and family issues have also brought the matter to a whole new level. I have came up with this conclusion: I am what I choose to be. I choose to be happy. I do not even know what the hell I will be doing to get money. All I know is this is the best decision ever in my life, that is to choose myself over anything or anybody else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...