Friday 27 July 2018

Projek R (R=Resign)-Mission Accomplished (Final)

These few days I have been very sentimental. I thought of leaving all my good friends in the organisation. I thought of leaving my newly joined trainee, who I initially plan to coach to be a permanent staff. I thought of how things have changed in the department, compared to the time when my first boss was still with the organisation. 

Although too many people have talked about how cruel a corporate world is, I somehow managed to find only the good values in everyone that I have met. My first boss was of a different race and religion than mine, but her guidance and kindness has shaped me into who I am today. My second boss served the organisation for only a few months, but he also has left me with so many beautiful life advices to learn to. 

I have seen the bad side of people too many times during my working tenure. Their motivation might be because of money, position or personal jealousy. But believe me, it is just a matter of time before everybody will know about it and the retribution (people usually term it as 'karma') kicks them back. Being highly passionate, competitive and deadline driven is good, but remember that we are human being.  Ultimately there will be limits to what we are capable of doing. We have families, pets and even our own body to take care of apart from our beloved profession. 

Do not quickly judge or assume that other people are lazy or avoiding their work. They might be facing difficulties in their life, that leads to them being unable to work properly.  Today might be their bad day, tomorrow might be our bad day. It is very important to be considerate and think of a solution that benefits both parties i.e. the person and the organisation.

Do not also think everybody has the same starting point in their learning and qualification. Some people need a bit more help than others. It is not wrong to make mistakes and learn from it. Appreciate everybody's inner beauty, talent and personality. Everybody wants to make a living, not just us. Help and understand each other more. Look at everybody as a human being, not a factory machine. 

To all of you who are still curious about life in corporate world: It is indeed a cruel world. But I still want you to try and reap some of the beautiful rewards, before you decide whether to stay or leave. When I say leave, I mean either you start your own business, work in a smaller organisations or work on a remote or freelance basis. 

I am grateful for all the knowledge and skills that I have obtained during my work tenure. I have earned enough to give to my parents, paid some of my commitments and travel overseas. I believe everything happen for many good reasons. Whether I will reenter corporate world in the future, I leave it to Allah. For Allah is the best planner of all. 

Signing off Projek R,

Fairuz Yasmin Ramli





No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...