Monday 14 March 2016

Let's start giving: My Story(Post khas untuk Malaysian City Life)

Sorry I do not have a story about others. This is my story and I am grateful enough if at least one person read it.

There is a saying that when we feel down or sad, give. Because through giving we will get happiness. I do not really understand this until last few years.

I am a single lady, age 32 this month. I am waiting to be kissed, by a fat cat on my birthday this 30th of March. I just got two major heartbreak from human love last year and also this month. As dumb as I am, I am so unable to see bad things in others. So whatever bad things that came from the heartbreaking moments, those gentlemen are still good and kind in my eyes. They really are. Just that it is not to me.

So coming back to the giving thingy. Yes, we should try to give more. Give whatever we can. Give candies to kids, give nasi lemak to our colleagues, pay for a stranger's stuff in the convenience store, give chocolate to the most hated team in our office e.g. audit, cause we pity their struggle, smile to homeless people and also buy a few putu mayam for our family for minum petang.

These are just few of the things we can do to understand the art of giving. If we want to have more purpose and more structured activities, join the many local or international NGOs of our choice ranging from charity for the orphans, homeless people, elderly people or even stray animals.

Does giving cure my loneliness and sadness? Hmmm...not really. Haha. But at least when I look to other people who might be less fortunate than me, I will realise that my problem is actually small. There are a lot more problems in this world. People do not die from a failed relationship(unless they killed themselves, it is their choice by the way). Most of them died perhaps due to sickness or being killed. It is very rare to die from a big bear's attack, like Leonardo Dicaprio in The Revenant. He did not die either.

So, what do we do now?

Cry. Yes. No choice. Take our time to let it all out.

After that?

Come back stronger. And give more. Remember, nobody dies from giving. And giving is the best art of all in this world.

What you give, you get back.

Let's do it. Do not hesitate. We won't be promised a happy relationship or wealth by giving. But give because there is so much in us that needs to be shared with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...