Thursday 31 August 2017

Merdeka: Note to Myself

I was on the way to Putra Heights to pick up a cake from my usual baker. As I drove through the housing areas, I noticed one thing: All of the houses were gated and guarded. No sign of kids playing. Silence everywhere, except for the sound of car engines.

After picking up the cake, I used Waze application to head back to Sri Petaling. Waze directed me to village roads, around Kampung Tengah area. Here, I saw many kids playing and laughing. Some of them rode their modified bicycles while waving Malaysian flag. Houses here do not have security guards to take care of them.

I was unsure which housing area was safer though. Or which housing area was the kind of place I would choose to live. But I know for sure about one thing: We cannot buy freedom. Not in a place where we have to pay to be safe. In this regard, I would choose to be one of the kids on bicycle, as they are living their life the way they should, as kids.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...