Friday 14 July 2017

How to remain calm in every situation

One of our auditor greeted me today, asking how I have been doing. I said as usual, busy. Haha. Unexpectedly he said he admired my ability to remain cool, even though the workloads are as high as a mountain. My reply to him is this:

Throughout my external audit and my current working years, I have learned that we should be able to differentiate ourselves as a person, and the work that we are doing.

A simple example would be this: No matter how busy we are, at exactly 12 pm or 1 pm we must leave our table for lunch. That might be the only time we have to eat and relax. Or no matter how stressful we are, we must not let it out to people who are not related to the cause of our stress. Always put a smile to everybody in the department.

Ultimately, think about this all the time, be it inside or outside of office:

Do towards others, the way you want others do to you.

You don't want people to be mad and scream at you in front of others: Don't do it.

You don't want people to hurt your feelings: Don't do it.

You don't want people to leave you all alone to handle things without a proper guidance: Don't do it.

You don't want people to judge you unnecessarily: Don't do it.

All these worked quite well for me so far. Keep holding on if we can. Else, find our own happiness in another place.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KELANTAN TRIP (30/11/2021 – 2/12/2021)

Holla!!!!!!! Lama sungguh-sungguh tak update blog aku ini aduhai. Boleh pula menghapdet semasa pandemic Covid-19 ni, eh eh eh…. Well, Alhamd...